The lifetime of dental crowns depends on different factors, such as:
- Placement/location of the crown
- The material of the crown
- Your oral health hygiene and habits
Some crowns can last a lifetime, and others may crack or require periodic replacement, especially if you grind your teeth, smoke, or eat hard candies or sticky foods. Generally speaking, dental crowns can last anywhere between 10 and 30 years, depending on how you care for them.
Caring for Your Dental Crowns
Dental crowns are just like natural teeth, and they should be cared for as such. To ensure your dental crown lasts for many years, we recommend the following:
- Brush and floss your teeth daily to remove plaque and stains.
- Get regular dental exams and teeth cleanings to maintain your crown’s condition and functionality.
- Eat a balanced diet to keep your crown in great shape and avoid cracks or staining from hard or sticky foods.
- Keep your smile healthy and beautiful by avoiding smoking or using tobacco products.
Like with any dental restoration, the better you care for your crowns, the longer they will last. For more specific tips for lengthening the lifespan of your dental crown, Dr. Pagonis can help.
Call Your Dentist in Los Gatos, CA
All of our dental crowns are customized to fit your unique smile and oral health needs, so you can have the smile you have always wanted. If you would like to restore or enhance your smile with high-quality dental crowns in Los Gatos, CA, give our dental office a call.
We look forward to helping you enhance your smile!